The Production Planning Manager plays a key role in the organization by having a significant impact on the progress and working methods of aircraft maintenance.
Reporting to the Production Director, he is responsible for establishing a maintenance planning strategy in order to improve reliability, safety, cost effectiveness of maintenance and aircraft availability in coordination with operation. With his team, he ensures that the necessary resources are identified in order to complete the projects according to the established maintenance schedules and deadlines.
- Oversee short & long term operational planning activities for the aircraft fleet;
- Oversee the generation of maintenance event planning schedules and the determination of required resource levels on various projects (human, material, etc.);
- Oversee the creation and updating of work cards in accordance with the maintenance program specifications for each type of aircraft, as well as the updating of the computerized maintenance system document library;
- Performs regular follow-ups on the progress of maintenance work by communicating priorities to the production team and monitoring plan execution;
- Collaborate with the production team to provide assistance in identifying and resolving issues that may impact the established goals and schedule and make adjustments as necessary;
- Create, update and communicate performance measurement reports related to planning activities;
- Monitor the hours worked per project to respect the budgets and objectives of his department;
- Collaborate with the supply chain to ensure optimal planning of inventory management and compliance to deadlines;
- Manage team performance using indicators;
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes.
- COVID-19 vaccination required (2 doses);
- Experience with ERP or MRP systems;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (advanced level);
- College diploma in production or equivalent experience;
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or Aircraft Maintenance Technician license, an asset;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Aircraft Maintenance Planning or related activities in the aeronautical sector;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management role;
- English and French, spoken and written.
- Effective communication;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team player;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Fast learner;