Nolinor Aviation is currently looking for a technical writer for the maintenance department.
You consider yourself a conscientious person who has an eye for detail? This job is for you!
- Define and describe work instructions for the maintenance or repair of an aircraft for maintenance department;
- Research, document and develop detailed procedures to include the operator, checklists, technical specifications, field alert bulletins, training materials and other procedures and reports as required by the company;
- Develop and review technical documents for content, accuracy and format;
- Work with Structured-Authoring Software, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Adobe Illustrator, SGML-based writing, Microsoft SharePoint, and other applications, including interactive manuals and desktop publishing;
- Evaluate task completion time and optimize implementation deadlines;
- Work with all departments, including but not limited to maintenance department;
- Create and update all work cards (AD's, SB's, ICA's, MPD's, AMD's) to perform maintenance on the aircraft or its components;
- Provide technical support to maintenance department;
- Perform any other related duties.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in aeronautics, an asset;
- Understanding of aviation systems and their interfaces;
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Visio and Autocad software;
- Good understanding of quality assurance guidelines, Service Bulletin, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Illustrated Parts Catalog;
- Experience with desktop publishing tools and word processing;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong skills in technical writing of manuals, policies and procedures;
- Bilingualism, both oral and written;
- Experience in the aviation field, an asset;
- Excellent judgment and strong attention to detail;
- Resourcefulness and team spirit.